There are 3 types of tickets: full, reduced and free.
Most everyone has to pay full price tickets to visit the Uffizi Gallery.
PLEASE NOTE: Service fees and extra fees for current temporary exhibitions are always due, regardless of qualifying for a reduced or free ticket.
- All non-EU citizens over the age of 18
- All EU citizens over 25
Check below to see if you qualify for a reduced or free ticket.
- EU citizens between 18 and 25 years old (valid identity document needed at the entrance)
- Teachers from EU public institutes (Vatican city, Montecarlo, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Republic of San Marino and Lichtestein are included) with proof of position.
- Minors under 18 years old, regardless of citizenship* (valid identity document needed at the entrance)
- EU citizens with a handicap/disability and one accompanying family member
- ICOM (International Council of Museums) members
- journalists with valid ID showing professional status
Groups of school-aged children are required to book their visit ahead of time by email at this address: email@example.com
* NEW as of May 28, 2013 – only non-EU children under 6 years old could enter free prior to this recent change. Read the news here.
** As of July 6, 2014: The first Sunday of every month will be FREE admission for everyone. Quotas for number of visitors at any time will still be respected, so if you want to avoid long lines, you should still go ahead and book your tickets (the system will recognize the date and not charge admission, just the booking fees and commissions).